Obituary to Professor Dr. Ramiro Alvarado Reyes
Dr. Ramiro Alvarado Reyes, son of Dr. Jose Maria Alvarado and Ms Hilda Reyes, was born in the City of Sucre,Bolivia on June 12, 1948. He happily married Rossy Mary Ramirez with whom he had three children: Tatiana, Aracely and Ramiro.
Dr. Alvarado graduated as a Physician in 1975 from the First Moscow Institute of Medicine (URSS)
Neurosurgery training at the same location until 1978. In addition at Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden in 1980.
He founded the Bolivian chapter of the IASP (International Association for the Study of Pain) in 1996, being its first president.
He founded the Bolivian Association of Ozone Therapy and served as president until the current Administration.
- Bolivian Society of Neurosurgery.
- Bolivian Pain Association.
- Bolivian Medical Association of Ozone Therapy.
- Bolivian Academy of History of Medicine.
- Latin American Federation of Neurosurgical Societies.
- World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies.
- Past President of the Association of Neurological Surgery of the Southern Cone.
- Directory of World Federation of Neurosurgery
- The Organizing Committee of the XXXVIII Latin American Congress of Neurosurgery, CLAN 2018.
- Current Vice President of the Neurosurgery Society of La Paz, Bolivia until his last days
He attended and participated in many local and international scientific activities, his most outstanding achievements were in Pre-Columbian Trepanations and pioneer of the use of ozone in neurological pathology in our country.
He will always be remembered as a cheerful Neurosurgeon, a good partner and a proud member of our Society. His soul rests in peace
Dr. Gueider Salas Ferrufino
President of Bolivian Society of Neurosurgery
COVID-19 TOOK LIFE AWAY FROM OUR FRIEND RAMIRO ALVARADO.